Saturday, October 15, 2011

The Snow is Here to Stay


Each passing day we lose approximately 15 minutes of sunlight.  I walk to school at 7:45am in the dark, the sun rises around 9:30 and by that time I'm too involved with my little ones to notice.  I'm enjoying the snow, going for walks often, as soon it will be too cold - I'll be walking fast and the layers that will wrap my face in warmth will also probably limit my visability!  It's beautiful here. 

My classroom is functioning well.  Mornings are going smoothly - students know the routines now, we are beginning to learn various strategies for decoding words.  Their favorite things are Raffi songs - the best CD I've ever bought - The Lady with the Alligator Purse, Robert Munsch, and our daily dance to wordwall words.  Somedays I can't believe I get paid to sing and dance with cute kids.... Students go home for lunch for an hour and they come back unfocused, so I'm still trying to keep them as active as possible, with alot of independant activity-based lessons and centers.  Its a work in progress.  I'm lucky to have a great group.  I've also applied and was approved for a grant to run cross country ski events starting in November, I'm looking forward to getting active out of doors afterschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment