Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Northern Lights




About a week or so ago I was able to catch a glimpse of the Northern Lights with a few teacher friends. While these photos are extremely fuzzy, the lights were very clear, boldly swaying in the sky. Shortly after taking these pictures a bunch of us jumped into the bed of a pickup truck to escape any light pollution coming from nearby streetlights. As we drove towards the outskirts of town the lights began swirling, like a large slow moving green tornado. Unfortunately, being in a moving vehicle I wasn't able to take any photos. Beyond the dike the lights began to fade fast - and it was too dark for my camera's sensor. Hopefully next time I'll be more prepared with a tri-pod and something warm for my hands so I'm not trembling so much. Hopefully there will be a next time - the northern lights are absolutely breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment